Brand New 2010 150 Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New 2010 150 Motor

Hello, first post here! My brand new 150 Etec was placed on the back of my duckboat yesterday by my boat builder. Having problems right off the bat!
    First the trim button on the throttle and motor is backwards, if you push for it to go down it goes up and vice versa. How can this be fixed? Second, when you turn the key the starter will turn but doesn't turn the engine on! And the starter will stay on! Any advice, i very excited about my first Etec but i am starting to worry already without even getting it in the water yet.

chessieman

PS: Sounds like the starter is on its last leg already, and we only tried turning it the first time. Is there problems with the starter in these etecs?

Welcome!

Not saying what you should do, but if the engine is new and now quite how it should be - shouldn't it go right back to the dealer? If I'm not wrong you've got a full warranty on it for some time correct?

Comment

Yes, it will be going back to the dealer. Right now the boat is in Canada since that is where my duckboat is built. I drove up the motor to him to drop off. Figure i will take to dealer once i go pickup the boat. He has done etecs before and never had a problem.

Comment

Working...
      X