1999 Evinrude four stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1999 Evinrude four stroke

I just recently purchased this 1999 4 stroke and ive had nothing but problems with it haven't got to use it much i've had the wuter pump impeller replace becase i had an alarm going off when i would take it for a drive and it will cut out like i'm losing one of 4 cylinders while going acroos the water and when i make it back to the dock take the cover off the engine it has oil coming from the intake from when it was cutting out.So i had the injectors cleaned new plugs new fuel filter new oil and filter and that helped for a little while although it wouldn't run acroo the water at very high rmp 4000 to 4500 rpm was tops anything above that and it would cut out as long as i left it at 4500 rpm or slower everthing ran ok.But the next day took it out again and it wouldn't run or stay running the motor would shut down and didn't want to restart and when it would eventualy restart it would not stay running????
    Having motor hooked up to a compter at a dealer for a coplete read out in a couple of days.

The computer will help to find any faulty sensors and if they run a fuel pressure test they should be able to find problem. I ***ume they have already run a compression test on it.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

99 evinrude

I have been taking it to a private party to save major repair bills (labor) he has done a compression check and everything checked out ok.I am taking it to a dealership today and getting it hooked up to a computer.
      Thanks for the reply.
      Larry

Comment

Working...
      X