X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972 Evinrude 50HP - Fuel issues

Hello,

50273C Model.

Seems to be losing fuel pressure when you take it past 1/3 throttle (Approx), bulb is soft and pumping will correct it... This problem has been intermittent but becoming more the norm, some days it seems okay, sometimes. It starts immediately, idles beautifully and when it works at full throttle, it runs like a champ...

I have replaced the fuel line from tank (Front internal tank) to the short line into the Outboard case (checked that line and seems okay). I am leaning to the fuel pump but unsure how to attempt to test that to be certain thats the issue...

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated!

~Kevin

Could be fuel pump or vaccum leak in crank case,which runs the fuel pump.Hold your thumb over the pressure side hose on the fuel pump,if it sprays pretty good it has pressue you will be able to feel it.Check for any cracks in lines leading out of the crank case.Theres a vaccum gauge you can stick in the fuel pump hole to test the vaccum.No vaccum no fuel.

Comment

Thanks for the reply!! There are two "out" lines, one to each carb, do I test just one and does it need to be running or do I just pump the bulb? I only see one vacuum line that connects from one carb to the other, the only other lines are the fuel lines to each carb?

Comment

Hey, if your fuel tank has a vented tank, make sure its open. A tech told me this.

Comment

Working...
        X