Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Spark on Evinrude 15 HP 15754M

Hello to all,
    This is my 1st post on this forum & look forward to your help & expertise. I recently purchased a 1977 15 HP 15754M electric start outboard motor that's in great condition cosmetically but needs some motor help. I got this thing for $40 as at the time it would not shift, I had my suspicions & the 1st thing I did was drop the lower leg & sure enough the shifter rods had been disconnected. I lined everything up & re-***embled it & confirmed that I now had F,N & R. New problem, the motor was seized so I took some advice from this forum & others & laid the motor horizontal with the pistons vertical & filled the cylinders with diesel fuel each day for 3 days. I rocked the flywheel back & forth & the pistons broke free surprisingly easy. Thinking that I had a good thing going I mixed up a fresh batch of 25:1 fuel, hooked up the lines, got good bulb pressure, filled the water tank I use for testing, hooked up a battery & away we go. The motor would crank over very easily with no hesitations. After about 10 - 5 second tries over the period of 5 minutes nothing sounded promising. I pulled the plugs & found out I had no spark to either one. I did a compression check & each cylinder has an equal pressure of 90 PSI. My question to you guys is where would you start to find spark? I haven't disconnected the kill button yet as that would be an easy fix if that was the culprit. I'm afraid it could be the coil or power pack & I have to be honest my electrical skills are minimal. Any ideas on what I might be able to check with a multi-meter would be greatly appreciated as we all like to get them fixed the quickest & the cheapest if possible. Thanks for you time! Steve

Your magneto is under the flywheel that fires the plugs.Not exactly sure about that year model.Read on top of the flywheel and see if it says cd flywheel.If not it may be as simple as points and condesers.

Comment

Working...
    X