2013 115 ETEC Oil/Gas Usage W/ RPM sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 115 ETEC Oil/Gas Usage W/ RPM sticking

Have a new 115 ETEC on a 22 ft Potoon. Motor starts great, low noise. The issue is this, 3 times when I went to power down to a lower RPM the motor hung at 1800 RPM twice it corrected it self, once after only allowing idle speed. The third time wuould not correct itself. The boat replaced a 130 i/o Baylinerhad good gas usage. This motor seems to use lots of gas and oil. Working with the dealer. Boat was put in the water in April and have used over 2 gallons of oil.

Originally posted by kwilson View Post
    Have a new 115 ETEC on a 22 ft Potoon. Motor starts great, low noise. The issue is this, 3 times when I went to power down to a lower RPM the motor hung at 1800 RPM twice it corrected it self, once after only allowing idle speed. The third time wuould not correct itself. The boat replaced a 130 i/o Baylinerhad good gas usage. This motor seems to use lots of gas and oil. Working with the dealer. Boat was put in the water in April and have used over 2 gallons of oil.
    Just an FYI,, do you know if you are using the 50 wt oil or the 100 Full Synthetic? Whatever Oil you use make sure it is the same as programmed for the motor by your Dealer. Also make sure there are pending Software updates, which may help solve any issue as well. - I had an '06 Etec 150 that ran pretty good but they did have a few bugs with them.

Comment

Working...
    X