repowering w/ '08 E-tec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• repowering w/ '08 E-tec

I am repowering my 2000 stratos 21 SS Extreme with an '08 e-tec 225 HO, I currently have a '97 rude Vindicator 225 on it. My question is will my current gauges, cables, wiring work? Will everything hook up fine or will I need to buy/modify anything. I heard I probably should get the newer tach with the display built in, why? Thanks for the info.

Originally posted by cny angler View Post
    I am repowering my 2000 stratos 21 SS Extreme with an '08 e-tec 225 HO, I currently have a '97 rude Vindicator 225 on it. My question is will my current gauges, cables, wiring work? Will everything hook up fine or will I need to buy/modify anything. I heard I probably should get the newer tach with the display built in, why? Thanks for the info.
    I can't speak for the '08 Models but i had an '06 Etec 150 and I had the Old analog gauges. I also know that Evinrude went to mostly all Digital gauges called "icommand" or something like that which has to be compatible with EMM in the newer Etecs. You can also get a lot of info from the Etecowners group online.

Comment

Working...
    X