1997 90hp spl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 90hp spl

Hi all im new to this site , but do plan on being a regular, anyway I got my 1997 90 spl last year had water pump replaced and a carb tune/clean, by a local shop seems to run ok but not great , starts hard cold , when wormed up starts ok but wants to die about 60 % of the time unless I put it in gear and gas it . At low rpm's it has a miss a strong miss , at wot it seems to run good tops out at 35 mph ( gps ) at about 5300 rpm. its pushing a 1750 Crestliner fish hawk. Ive been told it could be a power pack , Im trying to fix it myself to save money ( don't trust local shop ) model # E90TSLEUA
    Thanks for any help
    Scott
    Last edited by messenger; 08-11-2013, 04:53 PM.

So anyone ???? any help would be great

Comment

I have a 1981 motor so any advice I have may not be relevant.

On my motor, I was seeing some of the same symptoms. I replaced all of the fuel lines\etc which helped
      You can bump the idle up which may help the stalling situation.

My engine was missing and I replaced the 4 coils and 2 powerpacks. Originally I only replaced 2 coils and both powerpacks(boats.net backordered 2 of them) that fixed the high end running and smoothed the idle some.

I recently received and replaced the other 2 coils. It idles smoother on the muffs now. haven't dropped it back in the water.

I have a 17 foot Boston Whaler. 35MPH seems in the ballpark for speed but 40 may be achievable. for the Whaler I expect around 40MPH in perfect conditions.

Some other things to check

1. All wire connections tight, clean and good wire
      2. Spark Plug wires well seated. New Spark Plugs?

Comment

thanks for the reply, Ive checked all the wires they seem fine and all connections are tight, I read somewhere that power packs are only last about 10 years on my motor. Im just looking for some help before I throw money at it

Comment

Working...
        X