1996 115hp fuel pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 115hp fuel pump

Hi there, have been having lots of fuel problems. Replaced all hoses, water seperator, bulb. Everything was good for a day with a strong prime. Now won't start, there is was gas getting to the filter at the engine. ..thinking with all the things the fuel pump is shot.

questions
    1) when I open it up I am checking for holes in the membranes?

2) If I do need to rebuild..how tough of job is this?
    thanks

Also, any help with a part # for the fuel pump repair kit...diagram say see note 1...I'm clearly missing something..1996 115 E115ELEDR

Comment

well...poured some gas in carbs...running just fine...eliminated seprator and went from tank to primer bulb ...pressure and fuel is getting to filter at engine. Working just fine...
      My theory is that fuel pump is weak to draw from separator...re-build in order..? thoughts anyone?

Comment

if this is the vro style pump then chuck it in the bin and get old style pump and run pre-mix.
        the vro style pump is far too expensive to repair and no kits for the oil side of it neither.

the vro style pumps are terrible, expensive and can destroy engine very fast when they go wrong (very often)..

ive just got rid of mine due to them being a pain the ar>> and far too expensive to repair.

VRO is a time bomb waiting to destroy your engine.
        both brop and omc know it as well.

phill

Comment

Working...
        X