Evinrude vro flooding issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude vro flooding issue

Hi new to forum I have a 91 evinrude vro 70 hp after running out to fish 15/20 minute run I troll / drift for 20/30 minutes I go to to start motor n motor will not starts.. It spits or sputters for a second that's it. The only way to start it was to change spark plugs then it starts. When I pulled pulled plugs they were wet. I have since replaced float needle valve n seats n cleaned carbs .. This did not solve issue.. Amy help would be appreciated thx

Let the engine idle for about 1 minute before you witch it off, this may solve the problem, if not report back again

phill

Comment

Were the plugs wet with water or gas? Get a compression check done, and a leakdown test, may be time for a new head gasket.

Comment

head gasket will not cause fouled plugs unless they are fouled with water (I doubt that)
        the vro can be the problem and I would say it 99.9% the problem.
        If the oil side of the pump is p***ing a little too much oil it will fould the plugs while going slow, then might still run but once turned off the last little drop of oil is whats causing the problem.
        Now a simple way to see if it is this is too block off the oil pipe to the vro and run the engine with just the fuel side connected BUT DO ADD OIL TO THE FUEL AT 50-1 RATIO.
        then give it a run for 20 minutes or so just to make sure its definitely only the 50-1 ratio fuel getting through.
        Then if its still doing it you can rule out the vro, but to be honest I would say its the vro that is causing the problem.
        Now if it is the oil side of the vro don't go rushing out to buy a new pump, just leave the pipo blocked and run on 50-1, its better and safer than vro anyway and will save a fortune on a new vro pump.
        Ive just got myself a nice new fuel pump to replace the dreaded vro and would never go back to vro even if given a new pump for free.

give it a try my way as its free to try and can save a fortune on buying parts only to find its the oil pump side of the vro.

phill

Comment

Working...
        X