No announcement yet.

1963 5.5 Fisherman smokes like a train!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1963 5.5 Fisherman smokes like a train!

Grey smoke pours out the exaust!!! Gas is clean. Fuel mix is right.

im fixing a 61 5.5 fisherman it it smokes also but these are 2 stroke motors they smoke .. does yours have the lean / rich adjustments it could be on a too high setting mine for slow and fast speed settings it has 6 on each try playing with them ... also i dont know how much it is smoking but check on youtube of others running them and see if its the same that theres is pushing out

Comment

I think the oil to gas ratio was 16:1 for that motor,but back in the day that was for 30wt motor oil because they didn't have modern 2cycle ashless oil.3oz per gal in modern oil is what I use.In static use it appears to smoke more,in a barrel or bucket,or so.The only lube that motor gets in in the oil mix with the fuel.Time to worry is if it don't smoke.Its better to have a fouled plug that a burned up engine.

Comment

Smokin!!!!

Originally posted by erreertt View Post
        im fixing a 61 5.5 fisherman it it smokes also but these are 2 stroke motors they smoke .. does yours have the lean / rich adjustments it could be on a too high setting mine for slow and fast speed settings it has 6 on each try playing with them ... also i dont know how much it is smoking but check on youtube of others running them and see if its the same that theres is pushing out
        Yeah, messed with S/F speed settings. This thing smokes so much. I thought it might be a storage additive that was in the tank. I cleaned it, added new fuel (24:1) of course and still the same smoke. I mean it smokes really bad... runs good... but you would get kicked right of the lake!!!!! I'm wondering if it's the cooling water getting into the cylinders. "HEAD GASKET?"
        Last edited by greg limperis; 08-17-2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

24:1 tc w3

Comment

The normal mix is 50 :1. 3 oz per gal.

Comment

Working...
            X