02 175 ficht tilt/trim problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 02 175 ficht tilt/trim problem.

My ficht 175 trim button recently stopped working recently. After some inspection I realized that the connector that connects the blue/green wires from the trim motor to the relay/fuse panel is not making a good connection because the connector has partially melted. When I put preasure on the connector I can get the tilt/trim button to work, but the connector gets very hot. I ordered a new connector but I wanted to test the tilt/trim by connecting the blue/green wires from the tilt motor directly to a battery and byp*** the connector. When I did this the wires got very hot still. Now I am worried that when I replace the connector, it will melt once again. Does anyone know why there is so much heat comming from those wires when connected to power? Thanks.

2000 ficht 200 tilt ***y.

I had this similar situation. I found the trim motor windings to be shorted to ground. once i replaced the motor i couldnt get the air out of the system and the motor would just running and operate intermittenly. i have tried to remove the plugs but they stripped out. Anyone have any better suggestions?
    In the process of trying to cycle the air out the reservoir popped do to much positive pressure. the season is sson to start and im getting frustrated. all the plugs are painted over and will not come out. Drill and install new is my next option.

Comment

Working...
    X