1967 evinrude 40hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1967 evinrude 40hp

hi , i have a 1967 40hp evinrude that run great , but quickly after running at full throttle it stop gradually like if you would cut down slowly the throttle and wont start again, and gas is comming out from the carb wen i try to start it, my question is , is it the gas pump? the carb, or anything else? what should i do ?
    Last edited by burnyboy; 08-31-2013, 09:19 AM.

I have a similar problem with a 1986 40hp. A local marine mechanic told me I have no compression in one of the cylinders, when it warms up. I don't know how likely it is that you have the same problem, just thought I'd let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by ghcanuck View Post
      I have a similar problem with a 1986 40hp. A local marine mechanic told me I have no compression in one of the cylinders, when it warms up. I don't know how likely it is that you have the same problem, just thought I'd let you know.
      thank's for reply this is the thing i didnt even think about it ! i will test it today !

Comment

problem solved!
        compression is good on both cylinders,
        the float was deformed just enough to rub on the carburator bowl this add effect to poor in too much fuel in the engine, and eventually stop, i add a new float and carburator kit and were back to normal !!!

Comment

too bad ! it was running really good till now !

that make an horrible sound, i'm really sad now, i've been owning it for over 20 years ! and i will try to replace the entire block if i find one !
          Attached Files

Comment

How long is too long?After 20 yrs why don't you treat your self to a new motor?

Comment

Originally posted by Elton Smith View Post
              How long is too long?After 20 yrs why don't you treat your self to a new motor?
              well, after 20 years of loyal service, it broke my heart ! youre right that's what i'm going to do , cause here parts are getting hard to find for those model & year !

Comment

Working...
              X