Help identifying year - model - HP of old Evinrude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying year - model - HP of old Evinrude

I was able to get an old Evinrude from a friend, but he knew next to nothing about the motor. I've read on this forum that the model number should be on a plate, but my plate only has a serial number, no model number. I was hoping that someone could help by looking at these pictures. The plug I found on engine block has same number as number on tag, which is the serial number. The serial number is 6502M-E08433. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ben
    Attached Files

Maybe this will help, Thinking 70's 10 hp
    http://shop.evinrude.com/media/docum...rReference.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the link. I had searched that earlier, but without a model number I don't know what to look for. I have been able to determine that it is a 6 HP model. You are correct that it is a 70? model. That's what the guy told me that I got it from. He just didn't know which year. Maybe with that chart, 6 HP, and 70 something I can get closer. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Just an update on this question. The first number on the plate/plug IS the model number. Nowhere on the plate does it say Model No. It only says serial number, but the first part is the Model number, separated from the actual serial number by a hyphen. It is the same sequence of numbers on the plug. How ingenious to hide it in plain sight.
        Last edited by Ben4Given; 09-12-2013, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X