78 evinrude 115 runs ok then bogs runs ok then bogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 evinrude 115 runs ok then bogs runs ok then bogs

78 evinrude 115 I put rebuild kits in the carbs and the fuel pump. It will run up to full throttle then bog down then while throttle is still pushed down it will take off again . I down know how to sync my carbs I have good spark and compression. I also put in new gas lines and a new filter on my water seperator and cleaned the tank?????? Don't know what's going on with it . I can run mid rpms and still feel hesitation going down the river. Can't really go full throttle after a while cause the bog starts just stalling. And then it's hard to start which is not a normal characteristic. ANY HELP WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED. Thanks + I'm pushing a 24 foot pontoon.

Check the compression on the cylinders, could be a head gasket leak. Have them do a leakdown test.

Comment

Well I changed all my gas lines again, cleaned the carbs again. The motor has 125 compression on all cylinders an plenty of spark ??? Still running like crap. I saw a litte fuel leak from the top carb near the air intake?? Sounds like its running on one carb or a couple cylinders aren't firing but I have great compression and lots of spark ????

Comment

you'l need to do a lync and sync by the sounds of it.

have you got a manual for the engine ?

phill

Comment

Working...
        X