Evinrude 15hp fuel line issue ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude 15hp fuel line issue ?

In have a 1195 evinrude model e15reod 15 hptwo cycle outboard motor. In my fuel line I notice alot of bubbles going through when the motor is running. Is this normal or will this cause problems with my motor ?

Thank you!

Make that 1995!

Sorry 1995

Comment

That sounds like an air leak in the fuel line.Check all connections from the tank.REmember it will pull air a lot easier than fuel if you have a leak.It will not hurt the motor but sooner or later it may get to where its easier to pull air and then you get no gas.Paddle time.

Comment

Thank you

Do you think this would cause the motor to be difficult to start? It runs fine. But when we stop its really difficult to get it started again. We have tried a few different things but the only thing noticed that is "off" is the air bubbles. Almost had to break out the paddles today!

Comment

Well it sounds like a fuel problem.Easy way to be sure is,put some mixed fuel inside a spray bottle like a windex bottle.When it gets hard to start give it a shot with the bottle.If it goes pretty quick, then we got ,fuel line or carb.Its not starting for two reasons.Its either getting two much fuel, or its pulling air.If it starts with the bottle.Its not getting enough fuel.So be sure the fuel line is completly sealed.That has to be a solid colume of fuel.No air.Look at it like this,Take a drinking straw and make a hole in it between the liquid and your mouth.Say, right where the straw meets the rim of the gl***.A very small hole you might get some liquid.If the hole becomes large enough you dont get anything but air.THe fuel pump doesnt care if its fuel or air it will pump what ever is the easiest to pump. My guess is you have an air leak in the line from the tank to the motor.(The straw with a hole at the rim of the gl***)Please let us know
          Last edited by Elton Smith; 09-07-2013, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X