1996 evinrude 35hp two stroke inconsisent Spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 evinrude 35hp two stroke inconsisent Spark

Hello, I'm looking for some help before I go drop my boat in the river...and leave...

I'm having issues with spark..

I had no spark and then I cleaned the three orange wires going to the coils and BAM amazing bright blue spark ran great!

The next day no spark..

Bring it to a boat place starts right up...they said bad key switch ok I will replace it... Cool starts right up.

Next day no spark...ten minutes later 1 cylinder has spark and barley runs....2 minutes later no spark...2.34 minutes later has spark on 2 cylinders and runs like crap...guess what... No spark again I've done everything besides replace anything major electrical because I believe I have a short but I can't find it. I even replaced the wiring harness from boat to motor because someone hardwired my motor into the boat. I'm going to pick up my boat tomorrow because my friend who owns the boat place said he wants me to pay him 500 bucks to fix my boat..he thinks. So I'm going to do it myself and save the 500 bucks

I would definitely love some input if any has had the same issue.

Thomas

Thank you

Some of those have a spark trigger.That is apiece of metal inside a plastic housing under the flywheel.What it does is,when the magnets in the flywheel come round the magnet pulls it up to make contact.If it has one and is out of whack that may be your problem.If you take it off,shake it ,it should rattle.
    Last edited by Elton Smith; 09-08-2013, 06:36 PM.

Comment

ok ill check that out right now i appreciate it

Comment

Working...
      X