Please Help, 1990 Evinrude 40 HP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help, 1990 Evinrude 40 HP

Folks, would greatly appreciate any help from the members of the forum. I own a 1990 Evinrude 40 HP (TE40ELESR). The motor will run at idle, but misses horribly at any increase in throttle. In trouble shooting the problem, I determined that the charge coil was not providing the specified (from my repair manual) resistance reading in ohms. The manual specifies 560 ohms, +/- 25 ohms, the charge coil was reading at 650 ohms. I ordered and received a new charge coil from Boats.net, which when it arrived, displayed a different part number than I had ordered. In inquiring as to the wrong part having been shipped, I was advised by the folks at Boats.net that the old charge coil had been superseded, and the coil I received was the replacement coil. When I checked the resistance on the new coil, it read 1000 ohms of resistance! So, how do I use a replacement coil that does not match the ohms of resistance as specified in the repair manual? Don't know where to go from here.
    Many thanks in advance for any help.

Madjak

It could be the old coil didn't produce enough electricity and they replaced it with one with more power.

Comment

Working...
    X