200 HP motor shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200 HP motor shutdown

Just bought used b*** boat with 200 hp motor. On land with hose on lower unit, fires right up every time, plenty of water through pee hole (water pressure gauge not working) Ran up to 4500-5000 rpm no problems. Repeated a few times. When satisfied, ran boat under load in water. At 2,300 rpm...steady alarm sounded & at 2500 rpm motor shuts off and so does alarm. Repeated process with exact same results each time motor shuts off at 2500 rpm and so does alarm. Tried again...but this time at 2300 rpm, alarms sounds and I back off throttle. Motor continues to run and alarms stops when I throttled up and down. I would not go above 2300 rpm for fear motor would eventually shut down. Each time at 2300 steady alarm would sound and stop when I backed off. Finally put boat back on trailor. Is this a major problem and can I trouble shoot before taking to boat shop? Because alarm is cutting off when I back off instead of stead over heat alarm leads me to believe that it may be a bad sensor. Any thoughts?

Probably overheating, replace water pump and check thermostats.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X