staor coil install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• staor coil install

91 evinerude 88 spl rebuilt carbs good gas and idle power up loses power at full throttle when engine warms up want to replace stator coil is there a special way to do this or can i just pull fly wheel and install new one any help would be appreciated

That is all you have to do.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

stator coil

thanks for the help hope it works

Comment

1991 88 spl stator w/no power trim

looking on parts on boats.net has 2 types of stator ***embly one is 6amp the other is 3/9 amp which is the proper one for 88 spl no power trim

Comment

0583340 STATOR ***Y., 6 amp is for models without power trim.
          Regards
          Boats.net
          Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

stator coil

thanx again will be gettin my order ready

Comment

91 evinerude 88 spl got my parts and i got the retainer nut off have fly wheel puller attached and fly wheel wont budge any suggestion or is there a special trick to get the fly wheel off stuck in new york

Comment

Stuck Stator

I had to use a piece of 1/4" metal about 3" by 3" drill holes in it to match the bolt holes in the top of the flysheel. Used a puller with a 1/2" drive air impact and got mine off. They are on there tight,its a tappered shaft with a keyway and key stock. When I put mine back on I put a small amout of anti-seize on the shaft for the next time.
                Last edited by skkane; 08-01-2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

On my 50hp, I got the puller as tight as I could, popped the FW Lightly with a hammer, and it came right off.....I had dosed it up with pb blaster pretty good and left it for an hour or so.

Comment

Working...
                  X