I also have a no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also have a no spark

I have a 91 60 hp Evinrude, it has been sitting for a year, but was running fine when I parked it. I am not getting any spark. The engine turns over at the normal speed, and I have disconnected the bl/y kill wire, still no spark. I have checked the stator output and I get 210V during cranking, I also checked the resistance of the timer coils and get 11 ohms across each one. The timer coils during cranking show .1V ouput. Since the engine was running fine when I stopped using it last year would have thought that none of this would have happened. Is there any way to test the power pack. I have checked all the ground wires on the engine, this engine looks like it is still new no corrision anywhere. It has been used only in fresh water since new. I am the orginal owner and has performed perfectly all the time I have owned it. Not sure what to look at next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When running voltage test on ignition need to use a peak reading voltmeter to get correct readings. May be a bad power pack.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X