90 115 V4 Evinrude won't stay running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 115 V4 Evinrude won't stay running

I an a relatively new boat owner. I have good battery strength. I've primed the fuel, but the engine will not continuously turn over. It starts to an lets out a small burst as if it wants to fire and stay running and then dies. I've tried to use a little starter fluid to get it to stay going, but it won't. I've verified that the fuel line between the tank and the engine are good and there is good pressure.

I took off the intake manifold to see if the valves were not working as intended, but everything looks clean and I couldn't see any tarnish. I did notice that when I unchoke the engine, the valves are only half open. Should they be all the way open when the choke lever is all the way down?

Also there appears to be plenty of fuel being sprayed into the carburetor. When I took off the intake cover, gasoline was dripping a little bit, but this could also be left over from the start fluid I sprayed in the air intakes.

I've got compression and fire, but engine won't stay running after it fires once. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also I don't have a manual for this engine but the model number is E115TLESB.

Reed valves should be closed, if they are open it wont run.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X