best forum for evinrude fix advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best forum for evinrude fix advice

New to this forum/site. and wondering if it is a helpful forum or somehow influenced by evinrude itself.

E70ftlec.I have an evinrude 70 hp 1998 4 stroke mod# E70ftlec that will not start without starting fluid and then only until the starting fluid burns.
    One of the local evinrude fixers says it will cost $1000 to fix and it is my fault for not starting it monthly. Says I need another new injection pump and vaporizer and that one of my cylinders has low compression even though it only has 300 hrs on it.
    Thanks for reading

Originally posted by winstonjones99@gmail.com View Post
    New to this forum/site. and wondering if it is a helpful forum or somehow influenced by evinrude itself.

E70ftlec.I have an evinrude 70 hp 1998 4 stroke mod# E70ftlec that will not start without starting fluid and then only until the starting fluid burns.
    One of the local evinrude fixers says it will cost $1000 to fix and it is my fault for not starting it monthly. Says I need another new injection pump and vaporizer and that one of my cylinders has low compression even though it only has 300 hrs on it.
    Thanks for reading
    I wonder too. A few days ago I submitted a serious question about the cause or importance of the drip of water coming from the air intake of one of the lower carbs on my motor. What does that mean? No answers. But 15 looked at the question.

Larry

Comment

Iboats

Originally posted by larryrsf View Post
      I wonder too. A few days ago I submitted a serious question about the cause or importance of the drip of water coming from the air intake of one of the lower carbs on my motor. What does that mean? No answers. But 15 looked at the question.

Larry
      Try iboats

Comment

Originally posted by winstonjones99@gmail.com View Post
        Try iboats
        will do, thanks!

Comment

Fuel pump

You should check E bay for a fuel pump. They are easy to replace. This thing about starting the Engine monthly, I store my boat for 7 months every year and this is common in northern areas. I have not had any fuel pump issues, I currently own a 2004 and had a 1999 Ficht.

Comment

Working...
          X