Control box issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control box issues

I have a 1986 Gl***master boat with a 1974 50hp evinrude outboard engine. The control box says Power Shift II. I just got the boat and when I first seen the boat the guy ran the boat and shifted from forward to reverse but the control box was in his hand. I didn't get the boat that day thinking I wanted to see what else was out there. The next day I asked him if he still had the boat and he said yes. I went to get the boat and he had the control box mounted. I should have had him run it one last time but I didn't think anything about it. I got it home and tried to get it running on boat muffs. It will start right up in the warm up but when you lower it to the idle it dies. After taking the control box to see if there was something to adjust now the throttle will go forwards but not running but I can't get it to go in the reverse position. I don't know if the problem is in the control box or idle on the motor. So now I have 2 problems.

Idle adjustments are done at engine not control box, if engine is not running then will have to rotate prop while shifting to get it to go into gear.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X