ETEC 135 HO Lemon??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETEC 135 HO Lemon??

Recently purchased a New 2013 ETEC 135HO. I have just turned 30 hours on this motor. Since the time I purchased it I have broke down 4 times. Twice was the TPS ( Throttle Positioning Switch ) 3 rd time was the fuel pump, Fuel Pump?? Yes sir Fuel pump. In the middle of the gulf of Mexico too. Now this being the 4th of July weekend came to my weekend place to relax and go boating, Boat won't start. The marina which I will admit have been good, said when did you run it last ( This was the first time as well as this time ) I said a few weeks ago. They said " Oh you have to start this motor every couple a days or the fuel pump goes bad!! I said what? Why didn't you tell me this before I paid CASH in the amount of 12,599.00 for this motor?? No response, then I said what do fishermen do say up in Illinois who only go out once a month? Replace the fuel pump every month?? Needless to say I am very disappointed with Evinrude, I said this motor is a complete Lemon. What happens when my warranty runs out?? Once again silence. I asked to have it swapped out and put a new one on, They said they can't. All I can say is every single neighbor and person in my area ( We all live on the water ) All know now to stay away from Evinrude. And I also have no choice but to go on social media and let the social media world know. I emailed Evinrude corporate and of course no response back. So here I sit for the 4th of July weekend with a boat that won't run. Let alone ZERO Confidence in it while boating in the Gulf Of Mexico. I really feel screwed over on this.And no idea when it will be fixed ( for 3 hours of pleasure ) Thanks Evinrude

Sincerely and Unhappy XCustomer.

Try calling Evinrude at 262-884-5993 they should be able to help you.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Evinrude 135 HO Lemon

They replaced the fuel pump again at my cost. Now after a few weeks the fuel pump is out again. I went to the dealer and was told it was water in the fuel. But first I was told to check for water and I found Zero. I took the filter off poured the contents into a clear jar and let it sit; no water. I also took there advice and had the tank cleaned by a tank cleaning company prior to the second fuel pump going in. Now the dealer has been very rude and continues to point the finger at me. I am at a loss with this motor. Three fuel pumps with less than 34 hours on the motor. The TPS Switch was the first issue and at that tie I was told it as weeds. Now the dealer tells me it's water again and says take it somewhere else and he doesn't need the business. I paid cash for this motor to the tune of over 13K and they also installed it. They also stated on the work order the tank was cleaned originally. I am really frustrated and really feel duped here. Has anyone had any similar issues out here with these new so called Great Motors? Any advice will help as well as how to deal with this Marina. I will call the number listed above again tomorrow but that was really no help last time. They are listening to a dealer who keeps telling him it's water and I am 100% there is no water in my fuel. Heck they put the last fuel pump on and in less then a week it would not start. I also put all new fuel in it from a Marina they recommended.

Comment

Working...
      X