92 Evinrude 60hp 3cyl No spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 92 Evinrude 60hp 3cyl No spark

Ahhh, the legendary post number 1 asking for help...cl***ic !

Hello All,

Got a 1992/93 60hp 3cyl Evinrude, with what seems to be no-spark/intermittent spark on number 2. When i pull the plug wire off number 2 while its running, nothing really happens, other than a faint tick-tick-tick-tick-tick like its trying to fire. As opposed to when i pull over number 1 or number 3 plugs, it almost dies immediately. After initial searches on the internet, all wire connections that i could access, i unhooked, sanded, reattached, and wd-40'd them all. No improvement. I also checked connections and what not at the ignition.

I then switched out the plug with number one/and or number 3 cylinder, no improvement...this would lead a laymen to believe the spark plug is not the problem.

I then switched out the plug wires with number one/and or number 3 cylinder, no improvement...this would lead a laymen to believe the plug wire is not the problem.

I then switched out the coil pack with the number one/and or number 3 cylinder, no improvement...this would lead a laymen to believe that the coil pack is not the problem.

My last hope was the power pack...just replaced it today...no improvement.

I am not an expert at using a multimeter and im definitely not a mechanic...but i did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

If anyone has any ideas on what the problem might be and/or any possible solutions, they would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    justin

If compression is low on that cylinder or if carb needs to be rebuilt then it will affect that cylinder as well as ignition.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

Working...
    X