Evinrude 1978 model 150849 - 150 hp oil mixture help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude 1978 model 150849 - 150 hp oil mixture help

Hey guys, I just bought a 17 foot bayliner with a 150 evinrude engine on it. It had a little bit of gas in the tank, but I forgot to ask the previous owner what the fuel / oil mixture was. And if it was oil injected, or if I have to actually pour oil down the gas chamber / mix it. Hopefully you guys might know.

If so how do I know the gas / oil mixes ok if I can't pull out the gas tank to shake it around? Can someone explain the process here, or let me know if it's oil injected(finger's crossed)?

Thanks a lot
    -Mike

You are probably talking about the built in gas tank under the floor of the boat, right? You could mix the gas/oil mix before you pour it into the tank. I used to use a 5 gallon tall gas can so I would know it was mixed up good before it went into the tank. I guess you could pour the 2 stroke oil in the tank BEFORE you fill it up, just make sure you have the right ratio. I doubt if the motor is oil injected, if it were you would see an oil tank. Mix should be 50/1 ratio gas tc-w3 outboard 2 stroke oil. You should probably pick up a service manual for your motor. good luck

Comment

Working...
    X