How Do I Install this Fuel Pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Install this Fuel Pump?

I have replaced the defective VRO unit on my 1996 Evinrude E50TLEDS, (Ser. # 04160157), outboard with an OMC stand- alone fuel pump # 0438557. This is the recommended fuel pump, as per the link below. (I run on a premixed oil / gas mixture.)

1996 E50TLEDS Evinrude FUEL PUMP & FILTER Diagram and Parts

Anyone know what Item # 22 ( a hose) connects to? No mention of this in the parts description below the diagram. The only possible destination appears to be the Pulse Limiter Valve, but the fuel pump appears to be already receiving pulses through a port located between its mounting bolts, where it attaches directly to the engine block.(Where part #19 is used.) As this is a modification, I don’t have the luxury of simply duplicating what existed previously. If Part #22 is intended to connect to the Pulse Limiter Valve, then it appears that I will have TWO pulse sources. Doesn’t sound right. That is how I have it currently installed, and the motor starves for fuel above 3800 RPMs. It also idles very rough below 2000 RPMs, but that may be a different problem. Hope someone out there can help!
Working...
X