Evinrude V8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude V8

Hi all new to the forum. Have recently purchased an evinrude V8. Engine runs but has a broken output/propeller shaft. None of the identification tags are on the engine and the welsh plug/freeze plug has been changed. The only numbers I have been able to find were on the side on the block

3966577 and below these numbers it shows 300.

The engine gearbox has the water pickups in the front of the small nose cone. It also has the exhaust outlet on top of the trim plate however is still factory sealed and has never been drilled or relieved. The trunk length Measures 17.5 inches from the bottom engine pans to the split between the gearbox and the trunk.

My question Is with out pulling the one head off and seeing what pistons are inside how would I determine what engine and year this is? I have checked the chart on the thread at the top of the page but as I have no other numbers it wasn't much help. I have photos of the engine If this helps Cheers Jay

80 views and not 1 reply cheers for the info

Comment

still no-one has replied. Maybe Ill stick to the Mercury and Yamaha forums. At least those guys respond.

Comment

Working...
      X