15hp fuel pump question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15hp fuel pump question

I have a 1998 15 HP 4 strock Evinrude. I can get the motor to run when I direct fuel into carb. but will not continue to run. I read that there was fuel pump problems with this era of motors. I try to pump up fuel bulb but no fuel comes out the carb side of pump. I just crank the engine and no fuel comes out the carb side of the pump. Is the problem with the fuel line or pump or both. Thanking you in advance. Robert A.

15 hp fuel pump added question

Not sure if I am doing this right,but I wanted to add something to my previous request on Evinrude fuel pumps. I think my problem is in the pump. I removed the pump and carefully removed from the block and found inside a very tiny spring, a very small black disc about 1/4 inch and a round metal object that resembles a lock washer. From where they came from I can not determine. Does anyone have any ideas or a drawing showing the ***embly? Also after checking for a new one 0435352 they are more than I would like to pay. So question is has anyone ever placed a 12 volt ele pump in its place? Again thank you in advance. Bob 727-846-0858

Comment

Hi bob, have a model number handy by chance?
      Last edited by try123; 09-25-2014, 05:55 PM.

Comment

thats ok

Actually that's ok. Try here. 1998 BE15FWECA Evinrude FUEL PUMP Diagram and Parts

Comment

Fuel Pump ***embly?

I looked at the diagram but the area I am refering to is in ***ambly 1 the mainbody of the fuel pump. It is held together with two screws. thanksBob

Comment

There seems to be a shortage of diagrams on that fuel pumps internals. Ive looked everywhere. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
            X