78 75HP not firing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 78 75HP not firing

Hello forum, new member here in hope of resolveing an issue. I have had a 1978 three cylinder Evinrude on a pontoon boat riged for spec fishing for near twenty years. Had a problem two years ago with it firing on all cylinders. As that day started out everything was fine. As I cranked up to leave, engine cranked right up. As I tried to accelerate, the engine would only run at idle. I idled back to ramp and went home. I tried for a few days to figure out, but never did. About the only thing I new to try was this... Had one cyl firing two were not (engine would crank and idle like nothing was wrong). By process of swaping around plugs and so forth I found that those two cyl could not be made to fire. So i guess ever what it is that tells the coil to work is bad. I have put the coil that does fire on the cylinders that do not fire and they still do not fire. Engine has sat for two years cause I was sick with cancer. But now I hope to find someone to help point me in the right direction. Sorry for the long post. airboat233
Working...
X