2004 115 DI Mystery bolt.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 115 DI Mystery bolt.

I have a new to me 2004 115 Direct Injection jet. I was getting ready to take it out the other day and upon looking it over I noticed the bolt in the centre of the flywheel was broken off. I have no idea how long it has been like this. The top of the bolt is nowhere to be seen and the remainder of the bolt easily threads out by hand. What is this bolt for? Whats left of it doesn't seem to be doing anything. I will try to attach a pic. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files

imo. It appears that someone may have broke there tool trying to remove the flywheel. That piece should not be there from what I can see. can leave it there or take a pair of vice grips and try to loosen the broken bolt. Unfortunately you may need a flywheel holder to keep it from turning. Can start out by putting it in fwd gear/motor off of course, and then remove bolt. This may hold it enough from turning. You may also consider if the barrel under the bolt is part of a tool as well and may be loosened. Hard to tell in a pic but it looks separate from the crankshaft.
    Last edited by try123; 12-04-2014, 12:12 AM.

Comment

That definately looks like some kind of PULLER. Like 123 says, remove it all, down to the crank-thats what I'd do.

Comment

Working...
      X