Buy Evinrude Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1996 Evinrude 115 will not come out of the hole.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Evinrude 115 will not come out of the hole.

Bought rig from my best friend in '07. Always garage kept and serviced. Motor still looks like new. He used it 13 times in the tens years he had it and I was with him 12 of them. One of the finest rigs I have fished out of (Stratos 268). I use it every other weekend (for the last 3 years) and maintain it as my buddy did. It took us up Escambia River Thursday fine as always but would not come out of the hole when we were ready to leave. Tac shows about 3500 rpm's but had to put buddy on bow to get on plane, then motor made it to about 4000 wide open. Changed plugs and checked coils...great one inch arc. Back to the river. Still no change. Great at idle and when detented will red line tac with ease. Have checked fuel lines and hoses for leaks but see none. Don't understand how motor can red line in neutral but RPM's will not come up while in gear.
    Thanks for having this site.
    wes

Very easy for a engine to red line in a no load condition. Under load is when the problem occours. Start with some basic checks, compression and spark. Spark should jump 7/16" and be bright blue. If those check out ok, have someone run the engine on the water under load and pump the primer bulb, if the engine picks up power, replace/repair the fuel pump. If pumping the bulb doesn't help try squirting some fuel mixture into the carbs, if it picks up it's time to overhaul the carbs.

Comment

What the complete mode number

Comment

Working...
      X