1975 15hp lower dis***embly- Gear slippage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 15hp lower dis***embly- Gear slippage

Hello all. I am looking for some help on the last remaining piece of my current project.

While out on the lake, my throttle seemed to gradually rise and my speed began to slow down. I could keep my throttle just above idle going roughly 3 or so MPH. I could see that at a higher throttle setting my propeller would not spin accordingly, Leading me to suspect a slipped gear or set screw. Needless to say- it was a long ride back to the dock.

I decided to pull the lower today. I was successful up until the point where the only pieces left are the forward gear and bushing ***embly along with the pinion gear ***embly. I know that one of these gears is slipping but at this point i can not get them out to investigate and solve the issue.

I am hoping that someone else has gone this deep with these motors and has had the same issue.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Matt

Problem sounds like the prop is slipping. The gears if stripped might be extremely bad, leaving metal throughout the lower case. Is check prop for slippage.

Comment

Working...
    X