2001 ram ficht 150hp start problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 ram ficht 150hp start problem

Hi,I have a question about my 150 ram ficht.It is very hard to start it,I can hear it is not firing injectors,after it fires the injectors it starts and works just fine,and then if I drive it and shut it down while is warm it will never start(can t hear injectors working),have to wait for a 10min to start it.
    I have checked the voltage,clean all the connections,changed solenoid,and I still have problem.It goes better during the summer time when I use boat every day and drive large distances!
    Battery is new,all the connectiaons are cleaned(fuse,solenoid,battery cables)
    Voltage on solenoid while crancking is 10.5V
    What could be the problem?

Originally posted by Tom977 View Post
    Hi,I have a question about my 150 ram ficht.It is very hard to start it,I can hear it is not firing injectors,after it fires the injectors it starts and works just fine,and then if I drive it and shut it down while is warm it will never start(can t hear injectors working),have to wait for a 10min to start it.
    I have checked the voltage,clean all the connections,changed solenoid,and I still have problem.It goes better during the summer time when I use boat every day and drive large distances!
    Battery is new,all the connectiaons are cleaned(fuse,solenoid,battery cables)
    Voltage on solenoid while crancking is 10.5V
    What could be the problem?
    How do you "hear" the injectors not "firing?" I ask as I am taking possession of a boat with two of these on the back of it. I have never heard injectors "fire" on any engine so I'm curious.

Comment

Yes you can hear when injectors start to work,its some sort of clicking sound.
      Last edited by Tom977; 03-12-2015, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. The only thing I would guess then is the solenoid is bad. If power is good there, but not beyond that point or is spotty beyond that point I would think it is there, unless there is something in between the solenoid and the injectors.

Comment

Working...
        X