2002 250 Ficht starts but dies immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 250 Ficht starts but dies immediately

Hi new to forum and this boat. Heres the scenario. I live in alaska just bought a new (to me) aluminum ACB boat. Guy stored it outside for the winter w/ 80 gal in 130 gal tank. So already knew i was going to have water/fuel issues. Used a bunch of heat topped it off. Went out on the water boat ran great. Stayed the night on the water, temps got very cold but boat still started in am and ran for an hour or so. On the way home a cruise speed boat cut out and died. It then and will now turn over fine and fire off and then immediately die. Got it home pulled and drained filters. Found whatever fuel pump in front of the block and below the airbox was leaking and needed tightening up but that wasn't my problem. Any ideas?

Your problem sounds fuel related. Did you happen to pour the fuel from water separator filter into a gl*** jar to see if contaminated? If it is, then you might have to flush the fuel system out using a portable tank, that you know has good fuel in it. If a lot of trash in it, you may have to clean the entire fuel system?

If you have a water sensor on one of the filters, check that it is working properly too.

Good luck.

Comment

I agree Prob fuel related. I did find one injector has a leak not sure if that's the culprit. I'll let u know when I figure it out

Comment

Injector was not the problem. If you advance the throttle it will run but it's really erratic and seems outta control. So back at it I go. Does anyone know what kinda code reader you need for the EMM on these motors?

Comment

Working...
        X