Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding water temp gauge...

Hello,
    I recently acquired a 24' pontoon boat. I'm just finishing up the rebuild. It has a 1976 70HP Evinrude 207682.

Question1: Ran good, but has not been started since 2013. Should I replace the water pump kit, and if so could you recommend a supplier?

Question2: I would like to install an electric water temperature gauge at the helm. Reference the attached photo, is this a suitable location for the sensor?

Thank you all !
    Attached Files

#1, how old was the water pump impeller when it last had water on it, has anyone turned/ spun the motor over without having water on the impeller (water being it's only lubrication), and was it last used in salt water? Properly flushed afterwards? If it was 2 or more years old in 2013, or if spun over for 2+ seconds when dry, I'd say change it. If 6 months old, properly flushed when last used, hooking up the muffs putting water to it and motor starts, it will probably work fine.

#2, I don't see any point in pic where a sensor can be mounted in Water? You are talking about water, right? Doesn't a water sensor have to be in contact with the cooling water to give an accurate temp reading?

Post back if need more help.

Comment

Working...
    X