1995 Johnson 25 hp exhaust/cooling issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 Johnson 25 hp exhaust/cooling issue

Hello, I have a 1995 Johnson 25 hp model #J25REOR. I recently rebuilt the water pump, when I re-installed the lower unit, and after some fighting everything lined up fine and went back into place. When I started it, I had water coming out of the exhaust port, and exhaust coming out of the piss tube. I set it in a garbage can filled with water for this, and I also noticed air bubbles coming from the side of the lower unit where it meets the mid section. I'm guessing the water tube isn't set correctly. I'm about to pull the lower unit off again and check everything out. I was wondering if anyone might be able to tell me the right way to troubleshoot, and properly re***emble everything step by step? I've ordered the repair manual, but it'll be another 2 weeks before it gets here, and I can't wait that long. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

As you're removing the lower unit (separate slowly) look at water tube to see if out of place. If not did you put grommet on water tube? Putting unit back together is a little tricky, but I find being in gear and turning prop while installing makes it go together easier. Still have to watch the water tube match up. And did you grease the splines of the drive shaft when installing last time? It does help (good water proof grease).

Good luck, post back what you find.

Comment

Working...
    X