choke issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• choke issues

first hi all new here and lots to learn some hope you won't mind some questions

I have a 1976 2 stroke evinrude 85hp outboard on my 16ft bayliner and it runs great but... heres the issue
    on the throttle control it has a choke switch not in the key switch but separate
    now when I hold the switch it engages the solenoid for the choke which as you know pushes the rod inside a small slide pivot is it suppose to stay engaged when I release the switch or return to its start position

if its supposed to pull back and release it doesn't the solenoid seems to stay engaged with out power so do I change the solenoid, the spring on top of the solenoid or the connector rod
    \if its supposed to stay engaged it does but won't release and stalls the engine when I try to throttle up
    so not sure what is correct function and how to fix any help will be great if I didn't explain it well enough let me know and I will try again
    Last edited by ozbowhunter; 10-11-2015, 11:11 PM.

Choke just return to open position when release switch. If it doesn't check to see if only power coming from switch when switch is on. If switch ok check choke solenoid and linkage for sticking or binding.
    Regards
    Boats.net
    Evinrude Outboard Parts

Comment

thank you choke is sorted boat runs great

Comment

Working...
      X