2001 50 hp 4 stroke water flow issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 50 hp 4 stroke water flow issue

I have an Evinrude 2001 50 HP, 4 stroke and have replaced the water pump but cannot get warer to flow from the tale tail hole. It drips occasionally but will not flow. I took the water line loose from the thermostat and have adequate warer flow but still nothing at the tale tale. I have also used a piece of weed eater line to swab out the lines I can identify. The problem is, I cannot find a diagram of the cooling system to make sure I have checked all the appropriate lines for blockage. The engine does not overheat, or at least the horn does not go off but I need to get a cooling system diagram and I would rather not spend 30 dollars to buy a manual. Any thoughts? Thanks

water flow

let me see 30.00 or a blown engine. I would spend the $30.00 that way you will have a manual. I always buy my manual off of ebay. and I always get a parts manual also. Well worth the money you will spend.

Comment

Pressure valve location (poppit valve)

I have narrowed down the problem for my water flow issue and it seems to be the pressure valve may have trash in it. I can't locate it but can see it in the manual. Does anyone know how to access the water pressure valve on a 2000 Evinrude 50 four stoke? I have had the lower unit off but cannot locate the valve.

Comment

Working...
      X