Float ***embly issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Float ***embly issues.

Hi Folks. I have a 1995 200 hp Ocean Pro and I've got a weird issue going on. The boat started running badly and the smell of fuel increased. I popped the silencer cover off and fuel was dumping from my #1 cyl carb. These are the plastic bodied carbs. So I pulled the carb, tore it down, cleaned it well, checked the needle and seat and saw nothing out of the ordinary so I put it all back together. I checked the float height and all. Bolted the carb back on and pumped the primer ball and it got hard and seemed I fixed the carb.

Well until I started it. As soon as she fired up it started dumping fuel like crazy from the carb. I tried tapping on it but that didn't help. I took it all back apart again and repeated everything I did and it had the same outcome. I am setting the float level with the gasket surface just as my FSM says.

So I went ahead and bought a new OEM needle and seat ***embly and installed it. I had the bowl off and hooked the fuel line to it and pumped the ball while holding the bowl in my other hand. And when the float got to the gasket surface height it shut down the flow like its supposed to. I then put the bowl back on, primed it up again as I had dumped the bowl before putting it back on, and sure enough soon as I started it fuel comes dumping out the carb.

What am I missing here?

Is the carb pouring fuel from the throat or somewhere else? These cards are known for the bowls warping and causing fuel leaks.
    If its leaking past the needle only when you place it back on the engine, I would suspect trash in the lines. I would inspect the lines to see if they are coming apart or if trash of some kind is present.

Comment

Working...
    X