1995 60 hp- no spark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1995 60 hp- no spark

I have a 60 hp tiller with spark issues. I recently bought it, when i looked at it, it ran, now all of a sudden no spark. kill switch is good, checked all grounds. where do i go from here? i have service manual and it says something about testing stator and timer base.

Control Disconnect

disconnect your controls at the main wiring harness at the engine. Do a remote control start and see if you get spark. if you have spark then something is not working with your controls. If no spark then most likely there is something is going on under the hood.

This forum seems a little quiet. Try to cross post in Johnson forums as well

Comment

When testing for spark, have all spark plugs removed in order to obtain the highest cranking speed. The engine must crank over at least 300 rpm in order for the stator to provide 300 AC volts to the powerpack capacitor.

Remove the black/yellow wire (kill circuit) from the back of the ignition switch. If you now have spark with that wire disconnected, the ignition switch has a short within it. In which case, replace the ignition switch.

Let us know if this cures your problem.

Comment

Working...
      X