2000 Evinrude 115 wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Evinrude 115 wont start

Hello everyone. Recently purchased a boat with a 2000 Evinrude 115 fuel injected. First time I ran it with owner started a little rough and hesitated until it warmed up and ran good. It has 46 hours on the gauge with 11 hours prior to gauge installed and has been kept in a storage building very well maintained. I took the boat out the next day and ran fine with some hesitation which i figured was due to old gas. I placed a can of seafood in it and spent the day driving it around trying to use up the gas. The following week I topped it off with 20 gallons of fuel and added another can of Seafood for safe measures and could not get it to start. Being a new boat owner hadn't realized the kids had removed the safety lanyard which i don't think was even installed on ignition the day prior.

I pulled the plugs and decided to replace them with the Champion XC12PEPB and gapped them to the .080. After replacing the plugs still could not get the engine to start and decided to take a look at one of the fuel injectors. Removed one cleaned it off and reinstalled and did some research online. I realized i probably had a fuel issue and just replaced the primer bulb and 3 ft of hose from bulb to 90 elbow in motor housing. When I pump bulb firm it will seem to lose pressure before 5 minutes .

I hooked a pressure gauge to fuel rail and turned key on, getting no fuel pressure. I can pump up to about 20 psi with primer bulb and motor will start until pressure slowly decreases. It does not seem fuel pump is coming on, I have checked all fuses and can't find any blown. Is there another way to check fuel pump to see why it is not coming on. It is a 2000 but with such few hours hard to believe the fuel pump is shot.

Fuel Pump

The Fuel pump should come on for about 30 seconds when you turn on the key.
    I would contact DFI technologies, they are in Orange beach Alabama. The problem could be with the EMM. If it is the fuel pump/vapor separator, it is a simple item to replace but expensive. DfI has been helpful to me when I had issues with my 1999 and 2004 FICHT. Good luck

Comment

Working...
    X