19ii evenrude vroom xp150hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19ii evenrude vroom xp150hp

Just had my boat in the water for the first time. Fired right up but would only allow me about half the power? I stopped on the other side of the lake and put it in neutral and then forward again and it ran great flew across the lake. I stopped and fished for a couple hours and when I started it up again it was at half power and 3500 rpm and I could. Otherwise get it to get.up.to full power again? Before I took it out I put fresh gas, plugs and cleaned the cards. I just bought it last month that so I am.not.sure.howmit ran last year. Any advice?

Engine Model number?

Sounds like the shift interrupter switch is sticking... knocks out the starboard bank normally for a micro-second to allow shifting out of gear. Usually caused by stiff shift linkage... corrosion at nylon bushings, that sort of thing.

Starboard side of engine... follow the shift linkage into the engine. Eventually you'll spot two wires (Black and Black/Yellow) leading to the switch. This may not be your problem but it's the first thing I'd be looking at.

Comment

Working...
    X