omc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omc

hello i have a sunbird eurosport 190 guess 115hp v4 quiet rider outboard i need to change the water pump in the lower unit but i dont know how to dissconnect the shifting rod i was told to pull a pin out but i seen none besides the the carter pin that is near the throttle cable and i cannot find a video for this motor can anyone help????

Follow the shift linkage into the engine where it changes into a round shaft leading into a nylon bushing at the bottom starboard portion of the intake manifold. At that point you will see what is called by most mechanics a large "Jesus" pin, actually a "Clevis Pin" and a washer.

Usually those things have a habit of flying off into no-mans land and the first thing out of a mechanic's mouth is &^#@!$%&()!!.

Anyhow, with the linkages to that heavy duty shift lever removed, pull that clevis pin out and set it aside. Now you can actually push that shift lever further into that nylon bushing which slides the horizontal shift pin out of the lower unit's vertical shift lever at the same time.

Let us know how you make out.

Comment

Working...
    X