150 hp intruder will not manually lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 150 hp intruder will not manually lift

I have a 1995 150 hp evirude intruder on a stratos b*** boat, i believe the hydraulic pump needs replaced the relays click and i have power after them, however the pump makes no noise at all. while I was trying to fix it i lowered the motor manually with the "release screw" on the side, now the motor is down and will not come back up manually and the pump doesn't work. it feels as though there is something mechanical holding it there. is there another release im not aware of?

The oil pump is under the electric PTT motor and is operated via a connector between the two.

To raise the engine manually, the manual release valve must be loosened two turns... no more than two turns, and it takes some muscle even then!

I believe you are actually saying that the PTT electric motor isn't working. If so, follow the wires from the electric motor up to its electrical connector. Using small jumper wires, apply voltage directly to the electric motor as a test. The jumpers wired to the connector should make the motor run in one direction... reversing the jumpers would make it run in the opposite direction.

If the electric motor runs as it should via the jumper wires, then obviously the problem is elsewhere.

Let us know what you find.

Comment

Working...
    X