1994 evinrude 115 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1994 evinrude 115 problems

Motor won't turn over, checked battery and starter, they are good. When I remove the spark plugs, starter engages and motor spins, any help out there?

Originally posted by EDDIE RIDGE View Post
    Motor won't turn over, checked battery and starter, they are good. When I remove the spark plugs, starter engages and motor spins, any help out there?
    Proper voltage IS NOT reaching the stater OR the starter is failing.

Make sure you have a good known fully charged battery, then using good known jumper cables, run those jumpers directly from the battery to the electric starter.

If the starter cranks the engine as it should (with all spark plugs installed), then obviously the starter is okay. If the starter does not crank the engine properly, then the starter requires reworking or replacing.

A$$uming that the starter cranked the engine over properly in the above test, that indicates a loose wire/cable in the starter system or a tight but dirty wire/cable end terminal.

In which case, remove all wire and cable terminals pertaining to the starter system including the battery terminals themselves, the solenoid, the ground at the powerhead etc. Clean those terminals thoroughly and also the component terminals they attach to, then tighten them with a wrench or pliers... not your fingers if wing nuts are encountered.

Let us know what you find.

Comment

if all that checks out (because that is the ideal conditions anyway) have your battery tested (should probably do that anyway). The reason I say this is that I have had a newer battery that had good voltage, no drop in power, and had no ability to push the starter, meaning it had no amp's for whatever reason. had it tested no good despite voltage. replaced the battery and all was good.

Comment

Working...
      X