1985 70hp goes backwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 70hp goes backwards

Hello Everybody....I have an interesting problem with my 85 evinrude 70hp (CE70TL), i damaged the forward gear so i switched out the whole lower unit with one off of a 1975 75hp (75643D). The boat now goes reverse when i put it in forward........ I am pretty sure the lower unit was off a 1975 but not positive. It came as a spare for another boat i have with the 1975 on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by jungleman023 View Post
    Hello Everybody....I have an interesting problem with my 85 evinrude 70hp (CE70TL), i damaged the forward gear so i switched out the whole lower unit with one off of a 1975 75hp (75643D). The boat now goes reverse when i put it in forward........ I am pretty sure the lower unit was off a 1975 but not positive. It came as a spare for another boat i have with the 1975 on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Pretty sure never does it! That replacement lower unit is off of some other model that shifts in the opposite manner. Look for another unit.

Comment

thx joe

i suspected that to be the case but wasn't sure if there were lower units that fit and had the gears backwards. ....or if i messed up something putting it on.guess i am gonna be going slow for a while yet......

Comment

Working...
      X