etec 200hp fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• etec 200hp fuel issue

Let me be as precise as possible. I ran straight for about 5hrs then my engine turned off, no over heating anything like that. My primer bulb went soft, so I pump for about 20min no luck getting fuel through. I get towed back dock. I take off the fuel line from the first fuel filter nothing is dripping out. I take the filter off no fuel in the filter. So what I did was drain the last 20gallons out of my tank, I smell a bad smell and notice the yellow tinge. I have white to clear particles suspended in the fuel. So after cleaning the tank out I ran air through the line going from tank to first filter. It finally clears and I prime it with fuel and put 15gals in my tank. I connect the priming bulb back and new fuel filter. I get good flow I then take off the engine mounted filter and pump till fuel flows out the engine. I then put a new filter on the engine and close it up. I run it for about 10min then blammo dead again soft priming bulb. I'm at a loss I took the first filter off and dry again. Is my pump bad, is the issue the line in the fuel tank? Need some help!

When you say "soft priming bulb".... are you saying that the bulb actually is drawn flat... OR... that the bulb is still in it's normal shape but it is no longer hard like when you primed it up hard?

Normally the bulb is laying horizontal somewhere on the boat. As the engine runs, fuel flows through the primer bulb and drops down to the halfway point... horizontal and half empty so to speak. It's the nature of the beast and no, I have no idea why.

If drawn flat = restriction between the primer bulb and the fuel supply.

Let us know which you meant.

Comment

Normal shape just not hard not pulling fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by Transcat E-Tec 200 View Post
        Normal shape just not hard not pulling fuel.
        The soft shape of the primer bulb is normal.

A$$uming they're are no fuel/air leaks between the pump and the fuel supply......

If the engine will continue to run properly when you have someone constantly pump that fuel primer bulb (acting as a manual fuel pump), then I would strongly suspect a failed fuel pump.

If on the other hand, pumping the fuel primer bulb makes no difference, something at the tank is preventing fuel from flowing.

Comment

I found it! The dang flow valve stem disintegrated inside my tank! Can't believe it I checked my first fuel filter again and empty so took the line off and nothing so emptied my tank again and looked way back inside, there the pieces were. I ordered the part buttttt my tank has plastic pieces all inside so tried for hours to pull my tank out using every method known to man...couldn't get it out. I called transport who built my boat and they built the center console after installing my 50gal tank. I need to cut a quarter to half inch out of the console to slide it out haha. Guess I'll customize it my way now since I'll be cutting, going to move all the wires and hoses closer to where I can reach and make space for the tank to where I can just remove the floor mounts and pull straight out. Might even get my buddy to weld a higher base on my stainless seats so I don't have to remove the seats next time either. All this is almost over two weeks till the parts come in then I'll re***emble and ride out!

Comment

Working...
          X