2000 Evinrude 150 tilt/Trim problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Evinrude 150 tilt/Trim problems

I am trying to help a friend with his 150 Evinrude that the trim had become inoperative. I have tested connections through the relays according to service manuals, but both up and down tests p***, but when checking the ground side of the system it fails and states to replace the other relay. Both relays are new and had the same problem with old ones. When checking the terminals going to the trim motor on the PDP both terminals go hot whether up or down is pressed. I suspect that the diodes in the power distribution panel are bad and not providing a path to ground for the system. I can operate the trim motor by running +12v and ground to it directly.

Hope someone who has had experience with this could help direct me before ordering the PDP which is over $600.

Thanks for any help. Rod

Thanks to Eric at Marine Computer Supply sharing a morsel of his knowledge with me, I decided to proceed with the repair. Once removed, I removed the 5 Phillip's screws holding the PDP and located the seam of the PDP. According to Eric; use a paint scraper to work into the seam and then work around the unit to open it being very cautious not to go too deep and damage the circuit board. Once opened I inspected the solder connections and found a bad solder joint at the 2nd terminal which is the ground terminal. I soldered all 4 connections, reinstalled and the system is working great.. Hope this helps someone else out.
    Last edited by PhrozeN_FisH; 06-24-2016, 03:30 AM.

I followed this instruction with a similar problem on my circuit board inside the Power Distribution Box, and now mine is working great!

Comment

Working...
    X