Ficht 250 wont idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ficht 250 wont idle

Been trying to resolve an issue with one of my ficht 250s.

Motor acting up is my center 2003 evinrude ficht 250 (E250FPZSNF) . Outside motors are fine, center runs fine. Problem came up a few months back as putting it in gear it would once in a while shut off, but restarted right up... with time it just doesn't like to idle at low rpm. and I need to give raise throttle a little so it starts. Motor will idle as low as 850-900 prm but when I go low throttle stick it turns off now.

No engine codes..

plugs gapped and indexed.

changed all fuel filters..

change 3 different plugs sets (tried NGK PZFR6H, champion QC10WEP)
    I wound up putting a new set of champion plug XC12PEP as these are what it had when it ran good.

Fuel primer bulb always full/hard even when running.

Not sure what to test... This motor has the metal style fuel lift pump. Is there a repair kit I can get fir fuel pump? I saw (439881) but seems for smaller motors??

I want to get a fuel pressure gauge to see my pressures. what should I check low pressure side? what readings should I see?

anyone head of these symptoms?
    Last edited by joe_dejesus; 06-23-2016, 07:53 AM.

I found my issue.

the throttle link has a plastic/rubber stop, that part was cracked and allowed linkage to go a bit lower throttle that normal. i could not find just the rubber stopper so i had to purchased a replacement bracket just to get part.

thanks

Joe

Comment

Working...
    X